Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where is my refund?

A: For security purposes, Terby and Associates does not have the ability to check the status of your refund with the IRS. In general, if you file a complete and accurate tax return and you are due a federal refund, you should receive your refund:

     - Within 2 weeks after the acknowledgement date if you file electronically, and you elect to receive your refund via Direct Deposit.

     - Within 4 weeks after the acknowledgement date if you file electronically, and you receive your refund via U.S. mail.

     - Within 6 weeks from the date the IRS receives your return, if you file via U.S. mail​​.

However there are steps for you to check yourself. In order to check the status you will need the following:​​

     - Your social security number or ITIN

     - Your filing status

     - Your exact refund amount

Here are the steps you can take to check the status of a current year refund:


     - Go online to www.irs.gov/refunds

     - Click the 'Where is my Refund?' button and follow the steps. You will need the information listed in the first paragraph.

By phone:

     - Call 1-800-829-4477 and use the refund status option offered on the TeleTax system.

Note if you filed an amended returnInformation Regarding 1040 (Amended US Individual Income Tax return) is NOT available. Amended/corrected returns are processed as quickly as possible. However, it may take 8 to 12 weeks or longer to process the return.

Q: How do I get a copy of my tax return?

A: Contact our office by email to request a PDF copy of your tax return. If you need a paper copy, there will be a reissue fee of $60.00 dollars. When requesting a copy please let us know the tax year you need a copy of.

Q: What do I do if I received another tax document after I have already filed?

A: If you receive another tax document or corrected tax document after you already filed, contact our office by phone or email and either send us a copy of said document via email or bring it to our office. Next, it is likely that an amended tax return will need to be filed.

Q: I received a letter from the IRS or state, what do I do?

A: Contact our office by email and attach the entire copy of the letter you received. Next, we will contact you to let you know how to proceed.

If you still have questions not answered by the FAQ or HOME page, please check the IRS site here: https://www.irs.gov/faqs
or call/email our office: 

714.995.4929 (M-F 9 am-5 pm)